Scott became involved in marksmanship after a recommendation from his mom’s coworker, who happened to be the assistant coach of the North Carolina State Rifle team. With the suggestion, Scott made the trip to his local gun club to give the sport a try.
In 2014, Scott attended his first of many CMP 3P Summer Camps. There, he met Dan Durben, who was one of the directors of the camp at the time, as well as University of Alaska-Fairbanks alum and current Army Marksmanship Unit athlete Tim Sherry, who was a counselor. Scott credits the camps for fine-tuning many of his skills that led him to earn a place as a member of the USA Shooting National Team – where he was reunited with Durben, who is now the National Rifle Coach, and Sherry, who has become a fellow athlete and teammate for Scott.
Scott earned his Junior Distinguished Air Rifle Badge in 2018 and went on to compete on national and international levels. In 2019, he claimed the overall spot in the J2 Air Rifle and Smallbore events at the Junior Olympic National Championships and also second overall at the 2019 CMP Smallbore 3P Iron Sight Junior National Championship at Camp Perry.
Scott is now a member of the rifle team at the U.S. Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
- 2022 Winter Air Gun Championships: Bronze, Men's 10m Air Rifle; Gold, JR Men's 10m Air Rifle- (Colorado Springs Location)
- 2022 ISSF World Championships: Bronze, JR Men's Air Rifle Team
- 2022 USA Shooting Rifle National Championships: Silver, JR Men's Air Rifle
- 2022 NCAA Rifle Championship
- 2021 CMP Top Scholarship Recipient